Monday, August 26, 2013

A message from band director Langdon Nevens:


Hello alumni,

I have recently learned that this is the Centennial for Carpinteria High School. The Principal has asked if we could work this into our show. I am looking for some kind of “Centennial” march that we could play. I have also decided to do Conquest, since that was such a staple of what we did for many years.

I have asked the Cheer Leaders to do a routine, and they would like to choose Wildcat, which will work fine. We are trying to find something that was popular in 1913, so I would appreciate any help anyone can come up with. If you can think of any song that might be appropriate, please let me know, and I will try to find it.

I am looking forward to seeing everybody.  If you are anywhere near Carp, we will be having Thursday night practice in the band room on Sept. 5 & 12 at 7:00.

[To reach our fearless Director, comment on this post.]

No comments: